Description and Installation
EpicBosses allows you to create powerful Bosses; mobs with customizable stats and abilities. You can change the health, damage, speed, etc. of the bosses to make them difficult to defeat. Even custom skills are a possibility!
Download EpicBosses on our Marketplace.
Stop your server, drag and drop the EpicBosses.jar into your plugins folder, then start the server. The plugin should now load in and create all of the necessary files.
EpicBosses requires Vault and an economy manager to utilize all of its features.
- Custom Bosses: Completely customize and create your uniquely made Bosses.
- Custom Skills: Create your own skills for the Bosses to use.
- Rewards: Customize what each boss drops as a reward for slaying them.
- GUI Editor: Customize the plugin with an in-depth GUI system.
- Auto-Spawning: Customize where bosses spawn in the world, and whether or not they automatically spawn randomly.
- Turn off your server.
- Download and install the custom Vault version from this link which contains a hook for CMI: [Temporarily removed]
- Go to the config.yml within your CMI folder, and scroll down till you reach the Economy section and make sure that Enabled is set to true.
- Turn on your server, and your custom Vault plugin will now hook in to the CMI therefore allowing Bosses to be run.
Commands + Permissions
|/boss help <page>||boss.help||Display the help menu of EpicBosses.|
|/boss create [name] [entity]||boss.create||Start the creation of a boss.|
|/boss edit [name]||boss.edit||Edit a specified boss.|
|/boss info [name]||boss.admin||Displays the info of the specified boss.|
|/boss nearby <radius>||boss.nearby||Displays all nearby bosses within the specified radius.|
|/boss reload||boss.reload||Reloads EpicBosses and its configurations.|
|/boss killall <world>||boss.admin||Removes all current bosses in the specified world.|
|/boss spawn [name] <location>||boss.admin||Spawns a specific boss at the defined location. Example: /boss spawn BossBrianna world,0,100,0|
|/boss time <section>||boss.time||Shows the time left till next auto spawn.|
|/boss droptable||boss.admin||Shows the current droptable|
|/boss items||boss.admin||Shows all current items.|
|/boss skills||boss.admin||Shows all current configured skills.|
|/boss debug||boss.debug||Gives you the spawn item for a boss.|
|/boss giveegg||boss.give||Gives you the spawn egg of a boss.|
|/boss list||boss.admin||Shows all the list of current boss entities.|
|/boss menu||boss.admin||Opens up the menu to edit all current created bosses.|
|/boss shop||boss.shop||Opens the shop for a player to purchase boss eggs themselves.|
|/boss new skill [name] [type] [mods]||boss.admin||Create a new skill section.|
|/boss new droptable [name] [type]||boss.admin||Create a new droptable section.|
|/boss new command [name] [commands]||boss.admin||Create a new command section.|
|/boss new message [name] [messages]||boss.admin||Create a new message section.|
Frequently Asked Questions
config.yml: This is where you can configure everything. Please shut down your server before editing this file to avoid issues.
editor.yml: This file contains all panel configurations for every in-game editor that can be accessed. Please shut down your server before editing this file to avoid issues.
lang.yml: This file is where all the default configuration for the plugin messages is held, this does not include the messages that can be selected by the boss sections, and can be loaded in to the server once you are finished editing the file and save it via the command /boss reload.
Some of the files in the EpicBosses plugin are different depending on the version you run, so make sure you grab the correct one for your server.
The following files are different:
If you want to upgrade from 1.12 to 1.13, or vise versa, then these files will have to be regenerated!
To handle CustomItems from the CustomItems Panel you can do the following things:
- Left/Shift-Left Click to obtain the Item in your Inventory
- Right/Shift-Right Click to remove the item from the EpicBosses Item Database
- Middle Click to duplicate the item in to another item in the Database
To set up a custom skill and connect it in to the EpicBosses plugin you must do the following steps:
- Create a java file that extends CustomSkillHandler. Below is a description of each of the methods that it will give you when you extend this class.
- doesUseMultiplier - This method is used to tell the plugin if this skill uses the default custom skill multiplier value.
- getOtherSkillData - Returns a new element class that implements IOtherSkillDataElement if your custom skill has custom settings of it's own. Make sure that you add the Expose annotation from google gson infront of each field that is a data value so that the plugin knows which ones are the data values.
- getOtherSkillDataActions - returns a list of buttons to add to the CustomSettings Panel under the skill in-game editing.
- castSkill - Primary skill for each custom skill, which is used to cast the skill when the skill is called.
- Once you have fully set up your Custom Skill you then need to register it in to the plugin which can be done by using the method BossAPI.registerCustomSkill(yourCustomSkillHandler); and that is that is needed to add your own custom skills.
NOTE: Your class name is the name of the skill unless you Override the method getSkillNamein your CustomSkillHandler class. A good example of how to set up a custom skill is by looking at the pre-set custom skills, here is a link to one of them: https://gitlab.com/Songoda/EpicBosses/blob/master/plugin-modules/Core/src/com/songoda/epicbosses/skills/custom/Lightning.java
To disable debug messages in console, you can go in to the config.yml and set the debug setting to false.
- Spray: Releases the drop(s) in a big range. Sprays them, literally.
- Drop: Drops it where it dies or predefined location
- Give: Upon death, sends items directly into player(s) inventories.